With the start of October looming a mere three days away, Autumn is in full force and memories of that summertime heat are beginning to drift away. The leaves are turning and staring to replace their crisp green colour for a more seasonal brown whilst dropping to the floor, dark nights are drawing in and shops are transitioning to jumpers, scarfs and beautiful coats. Plans are turning towards Christmas drinks and festive parties and Instagram is a daily reminder that there are only 12 weekends until the big day. Although I initially begrudge this change in the weather I am quickly reminded of all the things I love about Autumn which I thought I would share with you today :)
- Hot chocolate – specifically the Costa honeycomb hot chocolate scrumptious
- Clear blue skies and crisp days where you can wrap up in a coat and scarf, go for a countryside walk knowing at the end there is a cosy pub with a fire and a delicious roast waiting for you on the table
- USA TV Dramas – Greys and Scandal, do I need to say anymore?
- Layering. Gone are the days where you would melt on the tube in a strappy top, instead you are encouraged to pop on as many layers you can without looking like the Michelin Man
- Fireworks night – one of my favourite nights of the year when the sky is alight with an array of beautiful colours filling everyones eyes with excitement
- Berry lips – whether they be purple, red, deep orange or wine coloured it’s time to breakout the stash and rock the bold lip
- Kitten snuggles – although Chloe has reached the year mark now and is no longer a kitten, Autumnal nights are all about sitting on the sofa with a blanket snoozing away to the TV with the fire blazing in the background