Brace yourselves dear readers for I am about to go where only the skincare obsessed dare tread. That’s right, the photo above shows my complete morning skincare routine. I’ve alluded to this rather impressive feat here on the blog before but have brushed over the full extent of what products I apply each morning. It may sound excessive and could truly frighten some people, but I have become one of those that has managed to create a seven step skincare routine. Do not be fooled this is not for the fainthearted, but from someone who never used to cleanse in the morning (shame on me) you too could become the same way.
1. Cleanse – not one who wishes to faff around with water in the morning I opt for the Clarins Water Purify One-Step Cleanser for combination or oily skin. I pop some on a cotton pad and swipe this across my face to remove the dirt and grime that accumulated over the night.
2. Exfoliating Toner – a recent overhaul with the toner stage of my routine has resulted in the introduction of exfoliating toners. Used to break down any dead skills cells without being abrasive on the skin I’ve found that since using the Pixi Glow Tonic the quality of my skin has improved and I am less prone to blemishes.
3. Hydrating Toner – to prep my skin ready for hydration I follow the exfoliating toner with a hydrating one. Depending on how my skin is behaving I opt for either the Jurlique Rosewater Balancing Mist* or the Caudalie Beauty Elixir for days when my skin is misbehaving.
4. Treatment Serum – this stage I didn’t really know what to call but it is when I apply my La Roche Posay Effaclar Duo. This treatment helped to banish the tiny bumps underneath my skin on my forehead and I’ve used it ever since in fear of them returning!
5. Hydrating Serum – another hydrating step this is where I apply the much hyped Hydraluron serum. Right before my moisturiser this helps my skin to retain moisture throughout the day and keeps it looking hydrated and refreshed.
6. Moisturiser – finally we are on to moisturising! Depending on the season I opt for a suitable product to help keep my skin in tip top condition throughout the day. At the moment my Origins GinZing moisturiser is my go to pick and has been brilliant throughout the transition of the seasons.
7. SPF – last and by no means least is applying a good quality SPF. Throughout the Summer I opted for the La Roche Posay Anthelios Dry Touch Gel-Cream* as it sinks into the skin without feeling greasy or leaving you with a ghost face. Even when the sky is overcast or in Winter, an SPF is essential.
You may have also spied the fact that this impressive routine is missing a glaringly obvious step – eye cream. I have a love/hate relationship with eye-creams and currently haven’t found one I like enough to increase my morning routine to eight items. I’m okay with seven for the time being =)